It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:54 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Team STG Rides For The Cause
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:22 pm 
PET Founder
PET Founder

With an unexpected dumping of White Gold in the Muskoka's the First annual Team STG forever known as Team Kahshe Lake set out to raise funds for Prostate Cancer Research.

As word spread about the last minute event the group grew to over 19 sleds in all. What a beautiful sunny day Mother Nature had in store for us.

Here we have our fearless leader STG manning the phone lines and collecting the registration fees. I hear that the desk was short staffed so I guess we have to work on that for next year.

This is an overhead view of the group while waiting on the rest to arrive.

And here comes the rest now.

With the group all present it was decided to do the cheque presentation.

Much to oursurprise this wonderful group of people raised $1570.00 in 4 days all of which will be added to the main events tallies on the 18th. On behalf of Prostate Cancer survivor's everywhere thank you so much Ladies and Gents for your generosity.
It really is fantastic people like you that give us the drive to do what we do day in & out.

One of the few opportunities I had to take some photo's on the trail itself. With such a large group it is hard to stop and take photos

This was our first pit stop at the Muskoka Falls at Hwy # 11

With everyone's legs stretched out we kept heading north to our final destination Caribou Lodge for some much needed food.
Our group was so large we took up all but 3 tables in the restaurant.

With our bellies full and our sleds filled up we took a group photo short 2 sleds as they had to leave early.

Back out on the great trails we make a quick pit stop for the ladies in our group.

With the bladders emptied we were on our final leg of our journey back to our fearless leaders Hide Away.
One last stop to say goodbye to Mr. & Mrs. Doonut, it was great seeing you again nutter and it was nice to finally be able to ride with ya!

Here is a picture of the sun set on Kahshe Lake just after our arrival at the House of Mouse.

After a quick stop at STG's to talk about the whole day's events we headed back to our place for some much needed R&R.
Here's a shot of the full moon that guided us all the home.

I would like to personally say thank you to each and every member of Team Kahshe Lake for a great ride and your wonderful generosity. If any of you folks reading this report have a chance to ride with this fun group of people please DO so, you will NOT regret it I assure you.

I can certainly see why Team STG is such a large group, you’re a GREAT leader STG and thank you for your great tour I will ride with you guys anytime.

In closing I would like to thank the MSR and the Snow Crest clubs for doing a great job with the trails that we rode. Without you volunteers we would not be able to ride the way we do so thanks to all of you from our group.

Last edited by Viper on Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:05 pm 

Thank you Team STG!

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:15 pm 

Big thumbs up to Team STG.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:03 pm 

Hat's off to Team STG.

Way to go guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:15 pm 

It was a lot of that fun day. We didn't think it was going to happen what with the trail conditions we've had this year. In fact, the previous Saturday night we had effectively cancelled it. Sunday's snow and last week's cold changed it all and the Team went into gear and collected some coin for a great cause. It was super to have DooNut, MrsDooNut and DaughterDooNut plus Domino and the Mayor as honourary team members for the run too!
A big thank you to SnowFlake and Viper for turning out for our little fundraiser. It was great for our team to see the co-founders and it made us all feel good that you would come out to show your appreciation.

The Rider with the greatest dollar pledges collected was "Fingers" and a very very very close second was "ActionRod" aka "Sherpa". Thanks folks and thanks to everyone who contributed - every dollar helps !!

Oh yeah, the trail ride was pretty good too !!

Good Luck this Weekend. All the very best for the Run and for Collecting a Big Bag of Cash !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:08 pm 

Great work STG, that was really nice of your group to do that. Great pics too!

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]